Pro surfer Llewellyn Whittaker is hosting a high-performance surf camp ideally suited for up-and-coming youngsters either intermediate or elite who are looking to take their surfing to the next level.
Surfers don’t need to be competitive riders as this training camp focus more on the individual and his or her technique.
- Five nights accommodation at smartiessurflodge.co.uk, three meals a day – full English breakfast each morning, Sandwiches and a fruit for lunch and carbohydrate dinner.
- Photos and a video from the six days training
- 2 x coaching and surf sessions per day with Llewellyn Whittaker
- Beach drills and heats to improve consistency and higher success rate of advancing through heats
- Theory lesson on ‘the secret’ how to surf contests and how to achieve your ideal performance state of mind
- Theory on the fundamentals of surfing – basic technique, what your body does and when to do it.
- An editorial gallery and write up on the Wavelength Magazine website, plus and informal Q&A seminar from a dedicated Wavelength photographer on how to work with magazines and photographers.
A typical day on the WSS high performance coaching camp
7am wake up with a 7:30am breakfast first surf will be from about 8am – 11am
Then we break for lunch and video analysis which usually takes us till about 1:30pm
We are back in the water from 1:30 pm till the kids collapse or 3:30pm
When will the camp take place?
The WSS HPC will take place on from the 22 – 27 October and again from the 29 October – 03 November in Newquay, Cornwall.
For more information
Main image: Alan Stokes at Fistral beach, Newquay. Image @lugarts