Role: Xero Bookkeeper
Start Date: ASAP
Basic From £12 per hour, depending on experience
Type: Part Time (on a self-employed, or payroll basis)
Hours: 16- 24 hours a week. Flexible depending on your schedule
Wavelength media inspires people to get outdoors, be healthy and live a more sustainable life. We deliver this through media, events, retail, travel and creative agency services.
Who we are looking for
All of our team life the lifestyle we help deliver, and we are looking for someone with book keeping experience to support our financial team who will fit the company ethos,
You’ll be working within our internal financial team with the support of our finance manager and company directors, plus our external accountancy firm.
You’ll generally be supporting where required and will be expected to cover a range of standard bookkeeping tasks including:
- Completing VAT returns
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Preparing invoices for the Inland Revenue
- Checking company bank statements
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Balancing accounts
- Month end divisional reporting
- Help prepare the profit and loss sheets for the annual accounts.
Necessary Skills and Experience
Any applicant for this role will need to have:
- ICB or AAT level 2 qualified – or equivalent
- Significant bookkeeping experience.
We’re a pretty entrepreneurial nimble bunch, we try to work with the latest softwares available to make everyone’s lives as easy as possible. A lot of the software we use is very intuitive, and you’ll be able to learn on the job, but In this role we’d need you to be proficient with the below:
- Xero – It is essential that you have significant experience and are able to navigate your way through the package.
- Excel – We use Excel to an extent (well really , we use Google Sheets, but it is basically the same), although we don’t need an Excel genius, we do need you to be familiar with this package too
Nice to haves
There’s a few things that we require applicants to have, and then there’s a few more that will make a natural transition a total breeze. Have a read of the below, and if you’re ticking all the boxes then things are looking good, but if not don’t worry – just a few more things to learn on the job, but it’s nothing too complicated!
- Understanding and experience of Google Suites
- Experience reconciling with Shopify and Zettle
- Familiarity with the full range of company software – Pipedrive, Trello, Harvest, Slack, Google Suite
- Experience of media, retail, event, or travel accounting
- Experience of working within a small team
- A natural interest in sustainability, the outdoors, and surf culture
Working at Wavelength
Across our team we look for the following qualities:
- Be prepared to adapt and get stuck in
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Use company software – Pipedrive, Trello, Harvest, Slack, Google Suite
- Plan projects and where necessary, go out of your way to hit deadlines
- Contribute to meetings (both internal and external)
- Work well within today’s working environment. (video calls).
- Be creative, hardworking and reliable
- Be confident, enthusiastic and organised.
- Be an effective communicator (internal communications via slack) external via meetings, phone and email.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexitime & work-from-home days
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Free attendance to all our own events, and associated travel locations (through our partner company tickettoridegroup.com)
- Regular work trips to stunning locations in Cornwall
- Variety of offices available
If you think this sounds like you then please send applications via CV and covering letter to [email protected]